Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Trunk-or-Treat

So far, fall in DC has been AMAZING. There are tons of tall trees so the colors are incredible, and the weather has stayed mild. No snow for us! Jake is starting to wish for snow, but overall we're absolutely loving the season.

Last weekend we went to our ward Halloween Party, complete with Trunk-or-Treating and a Chili Cookoff.

This is a picture of Jake and me in front of our decorated trunk. Jake is Dracula, I'm the road, and Paige is a speed bump.

This is Jake and Elder Laughran. Laughran is a missionary going home (to Australia) in 5 weeks, and is posing here in his patented "Last Transfer Pose."


My favorite part of the night:
A little boy dressed as Anakin Skywalker walked up to a slightly older boy dressed as Darth Vader and said: "Hi, future self!" I laughed so hard! In all honesty, I'm still giggling over it.

This is our chili entry. I had every intention of making chili, but that all fell apart. So, the card next to my crockpot reads "Yeah... It's Canned." Haha.


Happy Halloween-week Everyone!

7 comments:

Adrien said...

I love your Halloween costume! That's awesome. Also I love that you brought canned chili :)

Ashlee Hatch said...

Your costume is so awesome!! So funny!!

Anonymous said...

Paige is styling! I love that she was a speed bump.

Emily Hamilton said...

Your costume is the best!! So cute! You guys are great!

Michelle said...

LOVE the speed bump idea. Hilarious. You guys are so cute!

sally said...

hey! me and ryker were a speedbump last year! great minds think alike!!!

Gramma said...

VERY CUTE!! Love it! : )