Sunday, May 17, 2009

Washington DC

After my week in Philadelphia, Jake flew out and met me in DC for a wonderful week together. We have been planning and saving for this trip for quite awhile, even before we knew we were moving there. It was our graduation present to ourselves! We kept the week really relaxed and low-key. We did some sightseeing, apartment hunting, hanging out with friends, and a lot of relaxing. It was the perfect trip to unwind from the end of semester stress.

Here are a few of the pictures we took:

Pictures of some of the monuments


Relaxing by the water in Old Town, Alexandria (even though you can't really see the water).
Me and the famous portrait of Stephen Colbert!

Me and an airplane engine that was somehow significant enough to make it into the Air and Space Museum. Jake thought it was cool so I posed in front of it.

It was great to be able to check out DC and get a better idea of what we will be moving to.

Our Conclusions on the Area:

1. The highway layout is AWFUL in the DC area. There are all sorts of forks, exits, etc. that probably exist to confuse you. Also, if you take a wrong exit you're going in a completely new direction on some new random road. We seriously spent hours driving around lost on those roads.

2. We LOVE the DC area and George Washington Campus. After seeing it we're even more excited to be moving there and are thrilled about the GW decision!!

2 comments:

Jack said...

I LOVE it! Good post. I love the famous museum picture...way to go. Please tell me you took more pictures there...

When do I get to see you?

Unknown said...

I'm glad you guys had fun. Let's hang out!