Thursday, September 11, 2008

Activity Days

I'm the Activity Days leader in my ward. What that basically means is I plan activities once every two weeks for the girls in my ward ages 8-11. It is a really fun calling.

Last night I planned to act out the Book of Mormon story of Samuel the Lamanite. I brought this to help us out:


The wall is made out of rice krispie treats, and all the people are pretzels and marshmellows. When we got to the part in the story where the people started throwing rocks, I let the girls throw marshmellows at Samuel. They were very careful and made sure that the "stones" didn't hit Samuel, just like it the story.

The whole thing only entertained them for 10 minutes, but oh well. It was fun anyway.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

That's so cute Heidi! I bet you're so good at that calling. I ran into your husband yesterday. Is there a time next week that you guys could come over for dinner? Let me know, I want to hang out with you two! Love ya!
Cherie

Justine said...

You know what this reminds me of???? Our FHE "wine" for the story of the Nephites getting the Lamenites drunk and sneaking out:) I even had to pull out my roommate movie and watch Gary and Eric acting drunk. That was priceless!

Tammy said...

How darling...well, maybe only kept them busy for 10 minutes, but they will remember it for a lifetime!

Gin said...

I'm teaching the lesson of Samuel the Lamanite tomorrow in SS for my 16 year olds. I wish that I had this idea earlier today. This would have been great.

Adrien said...

This is adorable. I wish you'd been MY activity days leader! Did you eat the rice krispie treats afterwards...?