We started off with breakfast at McDonalds:
And then spent the entire day at the Children's Museum of Richmond. Paige was in heaven! This museum was pretty awesome. There was a TON for Paige to run around and play with and all I had to do was follow her. The museum wasn't very busy, which made it even better.
Here are just a few of the things she did:
Digging for dinosaur bones (which later she described as "digging for dinosaur bums"):
Sitting on a dinosaur (she looks terrified, but she was actually enjoying it):
Playing with one of these things (what are those called??):
You can make the hen "lay an egg" and it drops down (she did this approximately 800 times):
Painting in the craft room (again: "cheeeese!"):
Shopping in the little grocery store (my favorite part, mostly because I remember doing this when I was younger):
Planting and picking vegetables:
We stayed that night in a hotel, which was kind of disastrous. Jake and I expected (for some reason) that Paige would fall asleep quickly around 7:00 (like she did every night we were in New York) and then we could read/watch TV/get caught up on work. But that didn't happen. She took hours to fall asleep, so we had to have the room dark and quiet until she was asleep. Then around 3:00am she woke up SCREAMING and took another hour to fall back asleep (sorry, neighbors...). Not quite the relaxing night we were picturing.
The next day, Jake went to class again while Paige and I explored the public library. Like most libraries they had an awesome kid's section, so we hung out there reading books and playing with the toys until it was time to go home.
Then Paige cried/whined pretty much the entire drive back. Ugh.
But other than the whining parts, it was actually pretty fun to get out of the house and see some place new.









No comments:
Post a Comment