Sunday, January 3, 2010

Christmas 2009

Since I am too pregnant to fly, Jake and I spent Christmas this year in DC. We had a fabulous holiday together. The weather even cooperated and gave us a fabulous snow storm (which is rare for this area) to make it a white Christmas week.


This year my mom gave me a new ornament (my siblings and I get a new ornament every year) that made me even more excited for Paige to come! The little penguin in the middle swings back and forth.



It was strange not to be in Colorado with all our families, but we still kept some of the traditions going. We had great food starting with a big dinner on Christmas Eve instead of Christmas Day (like my mom usually does), complete with a beautiful ham. I also put out bowls of candy like Jake's mom does and we had chips and queso (I even have the same crockpot that Jake's mom puts her queso in!).

On Christmas day we slept in, then went and saw Sherlock Holmes. It was a pretty good action movie; Jake liked it a lot and I thought it was alright. Our typical reactions to an action movie.

We bought presents for each other (as usual Jake did a really great job shopping for me), wrapped them and put them under the tree. Then we had a fun time opening them with each other.


It was a really fantastic holiday!

2 comments:

Emily Hamilton said...

Glad you had a good Christmas! You two are so great! We can't wait to meet Paige.

Michelle said...

How fun! That penguin ornament is DARLING!