I'm still working for Oberg Research (which I still love!) plus I picked up another job tutoring two elementary students twice a week. Jake has been busy finishing up the semester and is currently in the middle of his finals. Unfortunately, right as the finals period was starting he came down with a really nasty cold. He had a fever which finally broke at 6:45 the morning of his first final, and he has been coughing and miserable ever since. He's a trooper though, so he's been pushing his way through it. I'm proud of him for sticking it out!
We have managed to have a little bit of fun in the past few weeks. Our apartment is decorated for Christmas and it looks great. Here is a picture of our tree:
On the wall next to the tree there is a string with pieces of paper pinned to it. This was my attempt at making Jake's two weeks of finals a little more bearable. I wrote him a note (a really cheesy rhyming note) and wrapped up enough little presents for each day of the finals period. Every day he gets a little encouraging note and gets to pick a present to open. I also got a bigger present that he'll get to open once he's finished with his last final next Thursday.
Also, Jake's birthday was last week. Since it fell in the middle of finals (awesome, right?) we couldn't do much for it, but I did make him a meal I knew he'd love:
1 comment:
I love love love the tree (and your penguin!)
Post a Comment