Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Rex Lee Run

A couple of days before the race, I decided to do the Rex Lee Run with Holly. It was my first 5k, and I really enjoyed it. Since I decided to participate basically last minute, I didn't have a chance to do any training or anything for it. I went pretty slowly, but Holly was nice enough to keep pace with me. My two goals for the run were: 1. Finish 2. Not be last.
Both goals were definitely met.

This is Holly and me before the race. We both look way too happy for how cold we were.



All of the proceeds from the Rex Lee Run go straight to BYU's cancer research. You can make an extra donation in honor of someone fighting cancer and then run wearing their name. Our cousin Jenny was recently diagnosed with stomach cancer, so Holly and I ran in her name.


Good luck, Jenny. We're rooting for you!

4 comments:

Traciannee said...

Love you guys. Thanks for running for Jenny. You both made me cry "happy tears".

Jack said...

I am SOOO proud of you. I am going to try to convince Danny to train with me to run something...just because it will keep us in shape...

Peg said...

Hey,
Thank you so VERY much for running in my honor!!! You guys rock! I love you two. Thank you for your support

Love Jenny Schmuhl!

sally said...

way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!