This is a picture of us at the reunion. At one point Jake stopped to talk to someone that he knew, and another former missionary standing nearby said, "Hey! You're Elder Kartchner! It's nice to be able to put a face with a name I've heard so many times!" Apparently, this missionary had served in a lot of the areas Jake had been in (after Jake left the country so they never knew each other) so Jake's name was on mission records and the members in Hungary talked about him. It seems that Jake is famous in Hungary, or at least infamous!
Another highlight of the mission reunion was talking to Jake's mission president. He's a wonderful man whom Jake loves and respects immensely. It was especially nice talking with him that night, because as we were talking he remembered that he had extra tickets to General Conference that he gave to us! Neither of us have ever attended a session of General Conference live before, so we were really excited. Jake's excitement wore down a little bit when he realized we had to leave home a 7 on Sunday morning (the day we usually sleep in) to get to Salt Lake in time, but it was still a great experience. The session was especially neat because we got to be there for the broadcast of Music and the Spoken Word as well. The Mormon Tabernacle Choir is an amazing group, and it's always incredible to hear them live. I think the time there was extra special, because Jake and I were together without all of the distractions that we usually deal with. I'm really glad we got to go, and it's definitely an experience I'll treasure.
2 comments:
That's awesome you got to go to conference. I've never gone either, I bet it's a pretty moving experience. Yeah, Jake's one of those guys where you can just tell he was an awesome missionary, but he doesn't want to toot his own horn, so you have to hear about it from other people. Eli's the same way. We went to his reunion and I kept hearing stuff and saying, "why haven't you ever told me that?" That's funny. Hopefully we'll see you guys at walmart again soon. I have to go again this week, we're out of toilet paper (almost)!
Awesome! I'm so glad you got to go to conference. Sounds like you guys had a really fun weekend. We went to Peter's mission reunion too, and it was good this time (last time, not so good).
Post a Comment